Saturday, January 24, 2009

Love

I know when some mothers are pregnant with their second child they often think "how can I love this child as much as I love the one I already have?" I never thought that. I figured if I have this much love for my first child than certainly I will have the same amount for the next, and the next after that. I was right. Love can be limitless. It still is. This child, this little boy with his big brown eyes, coarse hair, ready smile, and smooth brown skin has captured my heart like I can't explain. I have as much joy for him as I have for my Luca. I have as much worry for him as I have for my Teagan. I have as much pride for him as I have for my Henley. Rowan is beautiful and wonderful and has so much potential. I can't wait to show him off. I can't wait to watch him grow, to see what kind of boy he is going to be. I don't know anything about him. Will he be short or tall, athletic, musical, smart, or not so smart. Will he laugh a lot or will he be serious? I don't know. I feel excitement at his unknown potential and also sadness. I can give him nothing about his past, his parents. He is going into this life blind yet he will go forward with love. I can pray him forward and pray for his security. I am his mother and he is my son. I love him more than words can say. God loves him more than I do and God knows him inside out, where he came from and where he is going. Thank God for God.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you, not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

Emily said...

Just found your blog off Hope's website. And I recognized you from seeing your pictures on the snapfish account. We are using Carolina Hope...who is going through Hope Adoption Agency, so our baby is at the same orphanage as yours was. His name is Alazar, maybe you met him :) We passed court yesterday, so we're hoping to travel soon! Just thought I'd say hi!