Monday, August 31, 2009

Twas the Night Before GMA

Well, tomorrow is the day we find out if Rowan is one of the three finalists for the Good Morning America/Babytalk Magazine cover contest! What a wild ride it's been. It still feels a little like a dream. I'm actually not going to post much tonight. All I really want to say is that God is in control. Throughout this entire process I have felt God like never before. On Sunday, I was out for an early morning run before church when I rounded a corner and there before me was the most beautiful rainbow I had ever seen. It was so bright and clear. No, it wasn't raining. When I looked north toward the rainbow it was dark and cloudy. When I looked south it was clear blue skies. What I would have done for a phone (to call the girls) or a camera. It was so beautiful, I had to stop running and just stare at it for I don't know how long. I think the guy pulling out of his driveway a few houses away was a little concerned about this weird girl staring at the sky with her mouth hanging open. I'm not taking this as a sign Rowan is going to win. I'm just saying God is nearby and there is evidence everywhere you look.
I know God has orchestrated this entire journey and that if it ends tomorrow it is because God wants it to end. If it continues, it's because God wants it to continue. Of course, I want it to continue, but more so I want God's work to be done. I have prayed that he would use Rowan in this instance to advance his kingdom. Naturally, Rowan has no idea what's going on. As long as he gets his breakfast tomorrow, he'll be happy. I, on the other hand, may not be able to eat any breakfast, depending on how things go. So anyway, thank you all for your interest, prayers, and well-wishes. If you get a chance to watch Good Morning America tomorrow, do so. If not, check back here and I'll post the results. Until tomorrow.

No comments: