Friday, October 9, 2009

FINALLY!!!

No, he hasn't won. Yet. O.k. I have no idea if he won or if he is going to win but I do finally know when I'll know. MONDAY! Talk about waiting to the last minute. Truth is, I couldn't take it anymore and on October 1 I emailed Babytalk and asked when we would find out. I didn't ask if he won just when they would announce it and how. We received word on Friday, October 2 that the editor of Babytalk magazine would announce the winner live on Good Morning America on October 12. At that time GMA had no plans to bring the three families to the show. We were disappointed and I came to the conclusion that Rowan had not won. I don't mean to be arrogant here but Adrian and I thought that if Rowan had won they would want him on the show. He has a story to go with his cute smile, after all. Oh well. I did pray though that if he had won that God would change the minds of GMA and have us on the show. I was shocked when I finally checked my email Tuesday night and found one from Babytalk saying "Good news. The editors want to bring the families to New York for the show on Monday." If I hadn't been sitting down I really could have fallen over. I didn't get on my computer earlier in the day because the girls were using it for school. The weird thing is that Adrian didn't receive the email either on his blackberry because he didn't take it to the lake with him. He always has his blackberry with him. So here we are sitting on the couch Tuesday night trying to relax after the kid's have gone to bed and we have no idea how our world is about to turn upside down. Wow! I spent the next two days in a state of mild shock, floating around, but not on cloud nine. My cloudy mind also could have something to do with the fact that my house is in a state of constant disarray and I've had men drilling in my kitchen all week! Yes, in my kitchen. Back to Rowan. I am not assuming he won. That doesn't seem fair plus we were told that all three families are going to NY. I know a lot of people have told us they think he's won but thinking something, wanting it, and knowing it are three different things. It'll be great if he won, real exciting, but we'll come home from NY and on Tuesday I'll get up, put Luca on the bus, try to go for a run, weather permitting, home school Henley and Teagan, grocery shop, vacuum, make dinner. You get the idea. Life will go on. For now though I'm going to enjoy myself. For the next three days I get to imagine what it's going to be like to be on t.v. in New York City.

No comments: