Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Referrel?

Gothcha! No, no referrel yet though I got an email from Grace, our agency's coordinator, saying she would be making baby boy referrels soon! I think I wrote (or I meant to) that I was o.k. not getting a referrel right away because I just wasn't ready yet. Just thinking about it made me nervous. What had I gotten myself and this family into? Another baby? Haven't I just gotten to the point where I can breathe? O.k. I homeschool, so not really, but the girls are finally old enough to buckle themselves into their carseats, use the toilet themselves, make their own breakfast, help clear the table after dinner, make their beds. Yes, that includes Teagan, though she rarely does it. I'm sure breakfast in bed for A and me is just around the corner. LOL. Soon it'll be back to stinky diapers and sleepless nights. No breastfeeding this time (or can I?) Formula instead. Do you know how much that stuff costs? Yowsers! Car seats, snowsuits, hi-chairs, strained peas and mashed carrots. Yuck! Lots of little onesies to wash. A little dupa to clean. A tiny nose to kiss. A smooth, round belly to tickle. A soft head on my shoulder. Ten new toes to count. One day, a new voice that says "mama." O.k. Enough. I can't wait for that phone call. I'm trying to imagine what it's going to be like. What will I be doing at the time? Will I be schooling or on my way out the door? Whose turn will it be to answer the phone? Will A be here or at work? I remember where I was and what I was doing when I first heard about 9-11. It is seared on my brain. I hope this is the same but obviously, in a good way. It's comforting to think that God knows the answer to all the questions above and the ones I haven't even thought to ask. How I love God! He is so good!

No comments: