Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye Good Ole USA, Hello Ethiopia!

We leave tomorrow and I can't think of anything to write about. Henley asked me if I was excited and I said, "I will be tomorrow." I'm not excited nor am I nervous anymore. It's all so unreal that I feel very little. Now tomorrow I probably will be excited and nervous but now...
I feel very blessed. I love my life. I love my husband. I love my children. I love my country. I love my church. I love getting up in the morning and going for a run. It's good for my body and my brain. After I shower and I'm enjoying a bowl of cereal and a hot cup of green tea I feel such satisfaction. When I miss a cardiovascular workout my days just aren't so nice. I'll admit, I'm a little grumpy. I realize that in two weeks when I bring a six-month-old home those morning runs may be a thing of the past, at least temporarily. Of course, the weather in January in Erie usually puts a damper on an hour-long run anyway but.......my point is, my life as I know it now is about to change in a big way. I'm o.k. with that. Actually, I guess I am excited. I already love my son and I can't wait to meet him. However, I know that when we bring him home there is going to be this big adjustment period where we will all have to reconfigure our lives. I homeschool so I will probably have to lower my standards a bit and have the girls do as much independent work as possible. We already have Rowan's carseat in the van and boy is it cramped. The girls have to crawl under it to get to their seats. We put the crib up in our room and there is barely room to walk. I cleared out two drawers in my dresser for Rowan's clothes and there is no room for more. That's o.k. though. Boy's clothes just aren't as cute as girl's. I realize life is going to be different but that's not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, it can be a very good thing. God often wants us to let go of the good so that He can lead us to something better. Our life in Erie has been very comfortable which we have enjoyed but God doesn't always want us to be comfortable. He wants us to rely on him completely and that often means going to the unknown. For us, that unknown will lead us to Ethiopia to a boy just six-months old who will change our lives forever. Yeah, I guess I am excited. Thank you God for this great adventure and thank you to all our family and friends who have been so supportive throughout this journey. We have had nothing but help, encouragement, and excitement from family and friends. You all must know how much that means to us, to know we are not alone in this. We thank you all from the bottom of our hearts.

No comments: